Things to remember when you want to say “no,” assert yourself, and ask for what you want
- If I say “no” to someone and they get angry, this does not mean I should have said “yes.”
- Saying “no” does not make me selfish.
- Although I want to please the people I care about, I do not have to please them all the time.
- It is okay to want or need something from someone else.
- My wants and needs are just as important as those of anyone else.
- I have the right to assert myself, even if I may inconvenience others.
in 1930 the average wages were $27,481*
in 2012 the average wages were $44,321
in 1930 the average home cost $53,635*
in 2013 the average home cost $289,500
in 1930 the average car cost $8,369*
in 2013 the average car cost $31,352
but no you are probably right, it’s just twenty-somethings being lazy.